This 4-hour focused topic training for caregivers and Social Service Specialists is a life-saving program developed to prepare anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
Since its development in 2006, safeTALK has been used in over 20 countries around the world, and more than 200 selectable video vignettes have been produced to tailor the program’s audio-visual component for diverse audiences. safeTALK trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.
Caregivers, to see information and registration instructions, please scroll down for classes prefixed with a green button
Workforce, please see information and LMS registration instructions for classes at the top of the page
Caregivers, Social Workers
Caregivers, licensed, unlicensed, relative and fictive kin.
Social Service Specialists
Dates and Locations
- Select the green button next to the training you wish to attend.
- Click the green Register button at the bottom (under these instructions), and then, when your profile screen displays, scroll down and click the Save button.
Currently the online registration system (LMS) is not working. However, Alliance classes will still be held. Please go in-person to the location at the date and time of the class you want to attend.